Microsoft Research Asia, Shanghai
Dongsheng Li is currently a senior research manager with Microsoft Research Asia, Shanghai, China. Meanwhile, he is an adjunct professor with School of Computer Science, Fudan University, Shanghai, China. Before joining MSRA Shanghai, he worked as a research staff member (RSM) with IBM Research - China, Shanghai, China. He obtained Ph.D. from school of computer science, Fudan University in 2012 (supervised by Prof. Ning Gu), and B.E. from department of computer science and technology, University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) in 2007. He also visited University of Colorado Boulder as a visiting scholar from 2010.8 to 2011.2 (supervised by Prof. Qin Lv). Dongsheng Li is the member of CCF, ACM and IEEE. He serves as program committee members of top conferences, e.g., NIPS, ICML, ICLR, AAAI, IJCAI, CIKM, etc.
My team is currently hiring researchers major in machine learning. Please send me an email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested to join MSRA Shanghai.
- Recommender Systems: collaborative filtering, explainability, privacy, fairness
- Machine Learning: graph neural network, reinforcement learning, ensemble learning, learning theory
- Anomaly Detection: unsupervised anomaly detection, time series anomaly detection
- Energy-Based Open-World Uncertainty Modeling for Confidence Calibration
Yezhen Wang, Bo Li, Kaiyang Zhou, Tong Che, Ziwei Liu, Dongsheng Li.
International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV). 2021 (accepted)
- Graph Collaborative Filtering based on Dual-Message Propagation Mechanism
Haodong Liu, Bo Yang, Dongsheng Li.
IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics. 2021 (accepted)
- Predicting the effect of confinement on the COVID-19 spread using machine learning enriched with satellite air pollution observations.
Xing, X., Xiong, Y., Yang, R., Wang, R., Wang, W., Kan, H., Lu, T., Li, D., Cao, J., Peñuelas, J., Ciais, P., Bauer, N., Boucher, O., Balkanski, Y., Hauglustaine, D., Brasseur, G., Morawska, L., Janssens. I.A., Wang, X., Sardans, J., Wang, Y., Deng, Y., Wang, L., Chen, J., Tang, X., Zhang, R.
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS). 2021 (accepted)
- Leveraging Tripartite Interaction Information from Live Stream E-Commerce for Improving Product Recommendation
Sanshi Yu, Zhuoxuan Jiang, Dongdong Chen, Shanshan Feng, Dongsheng Li, Qi Liu, Jinfeng Yi.
ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD '21). 2021 (accepted)
- Decentralized Statistical Inference with Unrolled Graph Neural Networks
He Wang, Yifei Shen, Ziyuan Wang, Dongsheng Li, Jun Zhang, Khaled B. Letaief, Jie Lu.
arXiv preprint arXiv:2104.01555. 2021
- A Reinforcement-Learning-Based Energy-Efficient Framework for Multi-Task Video Analytics Pipeline
Yingying Zhao, Mingzhi Dong, Yujiang Wang, Da Feng, Qin Lv, Robert Dick, Dongsheng Li, Tun Lu, Ning Gu, Li Shang.
IEEE Transactions on Multimedia (TMM), accepted. 2021
- Learning content and context with language bias for Visual Question Answering
Chao Yang, Su Feng, Dongsheng Li, Huawei Shen, Guoqing Wang, Bin Jiang.
IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME), accepted. 2021
- Learning Invariant Representations and Risks
for Semi-supervised Domain Adaptation
Bo Li, Yezhen Wang, Shanghang Zhang, Dongsheng Li, Trevor Darrell, Kurt Keutzer, Han Zhao.
The Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), accepted. 2021
- SANS: Setwise Attentional Neural Similarity Method for Few-shot Recommendation
Zhenghao Zhang, Tun Lu, Dongsheng Li, Peng Zhang, Hansu Gu, Ning Gu.
The 26th International Conference on Database Systems for Advanced Applications (DASFAA), accepted. 2021
- NeuSE: A Neural Snapshot Ensemble Method for Collaborative Filtering
Dongsheng Li*, Haodong Liu*, Chao Chen, Yingying Zhao, Stephen M. Chu, Bo Yang.
ACM Transactions on Knowledge Discovery from Data (TKDD), accepted. 2021
- Modeling Dynamic User Preference via Dictionary Learning for Sequential Recommendation
Chao Chen, Dongsheng Li*, Junchi Yan*, Xiaokang Yang.
IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE), 10.1109/TKDE.2021.3050407. 2021
- Scalable and Explainable 1-Bit Matrix Completion via Graph Signal Learning
Chao Chen, Dongsheng Li, Junchi Yan, Hanchi Huang, Xiaokang Yang.
The Thirty-Fifth AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-21), 2021
- Collaborative Fault Detection for Large-scale Photovoltaic Systems
Yingying Zhao, Dongsheng Li, Tun Lu, Qin Lv, Li Shang, Ning Gu.
IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy (TSTE), 2020
- Mixture Matrix Approximation for Collaborative Filtering
Dongsheng Li, Chao Chen, Tun Lu, Stephen M. Chu, Ning Gu.
IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE), 10.1109/TKDE.2019.2955100. 2019
- Collaborative Filtering with Noisy Ratings
Dongsheng Li, Chao Chen, Zhilin Gong, Tun Lu, Stephen M. Chu, Ning Gu.
In 2019 SIAM International Conference on Data Mining (SDM), 2019
- Hierarchical Anomaly Detection and Multimodal Classification in Large-Scale Photovoltaic Systems
Yingying Zhao, Qi Liu, Dongsheng Li, Dahai Kang, Qin Lv, Li Shang.
IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy (Volume: 10 , Issue: 3) (TSTE), 2019
- AdaError: An Adaptive Learning Rate Method for Matrix Approximation-based Collaborative Filtering
Dongsheng Li, Chao Chen, Qin Lv, Hansu Gu, Tun Lu, Li Shang, Ning Gu, Stephen M. Chu.
In The Web Conference (WWW), 2018
- Mixture-Rank Matrix Approximation for Collaborative Filtering
Dongsheng Li, Chao Chen, Wei Liu, Tun Lu, Ning Gu, Stephen M. Chu.
In Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS), 2017
- ERMMA: Expected Risk Minimization for Matrix Approximation-based Recommender Systems
Dongsheng Li, Chao Chen, Qin Lv, Li Shang, Stephen M. Chu, Hongyuan Zha.
In AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), 2017
- GLOMA: Embedding Global Information in Local Matrix Approximation Models for Collaborative Filtering
Chao Chen, Dongsheng Li*, Qin Lv, Junchi Yan, Li Shang, Stephen M. Chu
In AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), 2017 (*Corresponding Author)
Efficient Privacy-preserving Content Recommendation for Online Social Communities
Dongsheng Li, Qin Lv, Li Shang, Ning Gu
Matrix Approximation with Stability
Dongsheng Li, Chao Chen, Qin Lv, Junchi Yan, Stephen Chu, Li Shang
In International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML), 2016
paper , slides , code
Mixture Probabilistic Matrix Approximation for Collaborative
Chao Chen*, Dongsheng Li*, Qin Lv, Junchi Yan, Stephen M. Chu, Li Shang
In International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI), 2016 (*Equal Contribution)
paper , slides
Algorithm for Efficient Privacy-preserving Item-based
Dongsheng Li, Chao Chen, Qin Lv, Li Shang, Yingying Zhao, Tun Lu, Ning Gu
Future Generation Computer Systems (FGCS), 2016
Accurate and Scalable Recommendation through Weighted and
Ensemble Matrix Approximation
Chao Chen*, Dongsheng Li*, Yingying Zhao, Qin Lv, Li Shang
In International Conference on Research and Development on Information Retrieval (SIGIR), 2015 (*Equal Contribution)
paper , slides , code
YANA: An Efficient Privacy-preserving Recommender System for Online Social Communities
Dongsheng Li, Qin Lv, Li Shang, Ning Gu
International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM), 2011
Pistis: A Privacy-preserving Content Recommender System for Online Social Communities
Dongsheng Li, Qin Lv, Huanhuan Xia, Li Shang, Tun Lu, Ning Gu
International Conferences on Web Intelligence and Intelligent Agent Technology (WI-IAT), 2011
- Wind power predictability enhancement using hybrid energy storage system. Application no.: 201310501062.6. (in Chinese)
- Wind power predictability enhancement by combining pitch control and ultracapacitor. Application no.: 201310500736.0. (in Chinese)
- Work-piece defect inspection via optical images and ct images. US20170161884A1.
- Job role identification. US20190279232A1.
- Training a machine learning model in a distributed privacy-preserving environment. US20180336486A1.
- Neural Network Training. US20180129917A1.
- Privacy-Preserving Smart Metering. US20180060976A1.
- Image orientation detection. US10121250B2.
- Expense compliance checking based on trajectory detection. US20180137576A1.
- Model based data processing. US20180068224A1.
- Providing Computation Services with Privacy. US10333715B2.
- Postdoc Researcher, Tongji University, 2012.9 - 2015.3
- Research Staff Member, IBM Research - China, 2015.4 - 2020.2
- Senior Research Manager, Microsoft Research Asia (Shanghai), 2020.2 - now
Honour and Awards
- Intel Fellowship, Intel, 2011
- Excellent Graduate Student, Fudan University, 2012
- Outstanding Technical Achievement Award, IBM Research, 2016
- Outstanding Technical Achievement Award, IBM Research, 2017
- Outstanding Technical Achievement Award, IBM Research, 2018
- Outstanding Technical Achievement Award, IBM Research, 2019
- IBM Corperate Award, IBM, 2018
- Lab Skill Winner, IBM Greater China Group, 2019